To all users of this “prior notice system for visiting churches”
The church is a “place of prayer” and a “house of God,” and its building is not a tourist facility.
When visiting for sightseeing purposes, please be sure to observe the manners of worship at the church and conduct yourself with respect.
For information on visiting churches not listed on this website, see the following pages.
User policy of this “prior notice system for visiting churches”
- Article 1 (General Provisions)
- 1. This user policy provides the conditions applying to the “prior notice system for visiting churches” (hereinafter referred to as the “System”) that is managed and operated by the “Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region Information Center” Information Centre (hereinafter referred to as the “Centre), as well as matters that all the users are required to observe.
- 2. Every user must comply with this user policy, the operation method of the System and rules that shall be specified under separate regulations.
- Article 2 (Definition of Terms)
- In this user policy, terms are defined as follows;
- (1) “User” means all the people who use the System regardless whether they are individuals or groups.
- (2) “Registered user” means users who have registered their personal information, such as address, in the System by themselves.
- (3) “Individuals” mean visitors whose total number is five or less.
- (4) “Groups” mean tour organizers, such as travel agencies, or groups of individuals whose total number is six or more.
- (5) “Prior notice” means that people who wish to visit the churches, regardless whether they are individuals or groups, apply for their visitation through the System.
- Article 3 (Fee of the System)
- The system is free of charge.
- Article 4 (Registration of User Information)
- 1. Users of the System can register their personal information, such as address, in order to enhance their own convenience.
- 2. It is recommended travel agencies register themselves in the System so that they do not need to enter the information every time.
- Article 5 (Management of Login ID and Password)
- 1. Registered users shall be responsible for management of their own login ID and password.
- 2. The Centre shall not be responsible for direct or indirect damage, blame, burden, loss and the like (hereinafter referred to as “damage, etc.”) of registered users, irrespective of existence of their negligence, caused by use of their login ID and password by the others.
- Article 6 (Correction of registered information)
- 1. Registered users are supposed to quickly make correction when there is any change in their registered information.
- 2. The Centre shall not be responsible for damage, etc. caused by failing to make correction as described in the preceding paragraph.
- 3. The registered users shall agree that any notification from the Centre is deemed to have arrived at the time when the notice should normally have arrived, even if they cannot receive the notification due to their failing to make correction as described in the paragraph 1 of this article.
- Article 7 (Suspension of Use)
- 1. In cases where the users violate the conditions prescribed in this user policy and in other cases that the Centre deems improper in the operation of the System, the Centre can cancel prior notice made by such users and suspend their use of the System.
- 2. In cases where the registered users violate the conditions prescribed in this user policy and in other cases that the Centre deems improper in the operation of the System, the Centre can cancel prior notice made by such registered users, delete their registered information and suspend their use of the System.
- Article 8 (Reception Period)
- Prior notice for a visit can be made through the System from six months to two days before the visit.
- Article 9 (Change of Date and Time of Visitation)
- In cases where date and time of a visit are changed, the user who made the prior notice shall quickly modify the date and time in the System.
- Article 10 (Notification from the Centre)
- 1. The Centre shall give notification basically by displaying in the System, sending an e-mail, and by other means that the Centre deems appropriate.
- 2. In cases where notification described in the preceding paragraph is sent to a user’s e-mail address registered in the System, such notification shall be deemed to have reached the user at the time when the notification arrives in the mail receiving server.
- 3. In cases where notification described in the paragraph 1 of this article is displayed in the System, such notification shall be deemed to have reached the user at the time when the notification is displayed in the System to enable the users to browse it via access to the System.
- Article 11 (Notification of Funerals and Other Ceremonies)
- 1. After the Centre receives prior notice of a visit, it is possible that the visit becomes unacceptable due to newly planned Mass, change of the date of Mass, funerals and other ceremonies, repair works, etc. In that case, the Centre shall quickly give notification to the users who have made prior notice.
- 2. The Centre shall bear no responsibility in cases where the notification described in the preceding paragraph is not executed due to failure in communication environment and the like that are not attributable to the Centre.
- Article 12 (Prohibited Acts in the Use of the System)
- No user shall conduct the following acts in the use of the System.
- – Falsification of the information in the System
- – Utilization of the System by spoofing
- – Utilization of the System by means unauthorized by the Centre
- – Writing harmful information in the System or imposing an excessive load on the System
- – Collecting information of third parties and the Centre without their consent or by improper means.
- – Disturbing utilization, provision and operation of the System
- – Other acts that the Centre deems improper
- Article 13 (Conditions for Visitation)
- 1. All the visitors shall respect the visiting manners by considering that the churches are space for prayer and cultural assets.
- 2. It is not allowed to take photos and videos inside the churches.
- Article 14 (Management of Registered Information)
- The Centre shall utilize the information that is collected in the System only to the extent necessary for the operation of the System. The Centre shall pay due attention to management of the information.
- Article 15 (Temporary Suspension of the System)
- The Centre shall suspend a part or all of the System, limit utilization of the System and take other necessary measures without prior notification in any of the following cases.
- – Maintenance and specification changes of the System
- – In cases where it is difficult to operate the System due to inevitable accidents, such as fire, electric power failure and natural disasters.
- – In cases where telecommunication businesses fail to provide their service
- – In other cases where the Centre deems it difficult to manage the System for operational or technical reason and because of unforeseen circumstances.
- Article 16 (Change of the user policy)
- 1. The Centre shall change this user policy without prior consent of users.
- 2. Users shall be deemed to have agreed to such change in cases where they used the System after the changes.
- Article 17 (Obligation of Compensation)
- In cases where the Centre suffered damage, etc. for reasons attributable to users, such users shall be liable for the damage, etc.
- Article 18 (Disclaimers)
- 1. The Centre shall bear no responsibility of damage, etc. caused by natural disasters,maintenance of the System, falsification and leakage of information of the System by third parties and other factors, except for cases attributable to the Centre.
- 2. In addition to what is prescribed in the preceding paragraph, the Centre shall bear no responsibility of any conflict with users caused in association with the System, except for cases attributable to the Centre.
Supplementary provision This user policy shall be applied from 1st September, 2015.